One of my favorite things to do is pick out products that will work together and provide great user experience along with useful functionality. This tutorial will look more at remote monitoring of a vacation home.
Remotely View your property:
- The Ring Floolight Cam will work great. There is a $50 discount if you buy a two pack of the Ring Floodlight Cam at Best Buy
- The Netgear Alro Security Camera is a good indoor and outdoor solution to add in the mix. The Refurbished Alro Security Camera will be helpful. Don’t forget that you’ll need the base station for the camera to work so this refurbished 4 pack Alro Security Camera bundle will be a good starter solution and basically provided the base station for free.
Remote Smart Locks
- The August Smart Lock Gen 2 is a great option for locks. The Gray August Smart Lock looks great but if the Silver August Smart Lock works for you it will save you $16 dollars per lock at Best Buy.
- If you’re buying the August Smart Lock then you’ll need the August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge to remotely manage and provide unlimited keys. Well worth it!
- The Honeywell – 7 Day Programmable thermostat is a good entry level smart thermostat.
- The Honeywell – Lyric T5 Thermostat is the next level up.
- The Netgear Powerline 1200 Ethernet Adapter will help provide power to out buildings. The Netgear Powerline 1000 WiFi + Ethernet Adapter will be helpful to extend your wireless network out there too. If you bought Netgear Powerline 1000 WiFi + Ethernet Adapter at Amazon you would save yourself $40.
- Having a few Ethernet cables to plug things in will be helpful. Here’s a 3′ Cat 5e Cable, 6′ Cat 5e Cable, and 25′ Cat 5e Cable. If you wanted a 1000′ Roll of Cat 5e pull box this would be your best bet. Amazon has cheaper cables too: 3′, 6′, 25′